Explore the collection at Kerikeri Mission Station
The collection at Kerikeri Mission Station consists of objects which relate to all layers of history represented in both the Stone Store and Kemp House.
The variety of objects includes
- Early tools belonging to members of the Church Missionary Society
- The ledgers of the Stone Store detailing purchases made and stock available
- Taonga Maori either found in the local area or gifted to the Kemp family
- Early missionary furniture
- A large library, mostly relating to the Church Missionary Society, and with a significant number of recipe books
- Postcard and photograph albums
- Costume and textiles
- Children’s toys and games
Please note that due to conservation reasons not all objects may be on public display at any one time. If you are interested in viewing an item, please contact the Property Manager
Heritage New Zealand manages its collection of historic objects in its properties from a central database. You can find out more about the how the Heritage New Zealand collection is managed, including donating items on this website.
To see further highlights from the collection online, search for Kemp House or Stone Store at New Zealand Museums.