Quest back in time
A story of Old St Paul's - go on a treasure hunt to investigate some of the unique stories of this historic place, and explore the events that led to the construction of Old St Paul's.
A Story of Old St Paul's
Go on a treasure hunt to investigate some of the unique stories of this historic place.
Explore the events that led to the construction of Old St Paul's, and the changing significance of this place to the community.
Links to NZ Curriculum Learning Areas
English - Listening, Reading & Viewing
Social Sciences - Social Studies, History.
Small teams of students follow clues to find hidden scrolls that tell a story of Old St Paul’s, exploring significant events in the history of the church - from the time that this site was part of Pipitea Pā, to the arrival of Europeans, the construction and alterations to the building, use of the church, the heritage battle and restoration, to the contemporary uses and current heritage significance.
Contribution to Programme Objectives
- To develop an understanding of the heritage value of Old St Paul’s
- To encourage exploration of Old St Paul’s and introduce some of its stories
- To explore the changing uses and significance of Old St Paul’s and its location
- To introduce the unique characteristics of the building, its architecture and construction.
- To provide an overview of the story of Old St Paul’s, exploring key events in its history.
Duration: 1-1.5 hours
Group size:4-8 students per team.
Find a suitable date with our Visitor Programme Coordinator