Imagine your wedding ceremony & reception in one of New Zealand's most beautiful historic buildings.
Old St Paul’s welcomes everybody to celebrate their special day in this beautiful historic venue. Design a traditional or modern wedding ceremony, a religious or civil service, a same sex wedding, or renew your vows – everything is possible.
Still looking for a reception venue? Look no further! Old St Paul's offers you a truly unique set up for your reception. We spin around the pews for you and create an exceptional dinner experience for your guests. Check out our photographs and video and then talk to us about your options!
Beautiful stained glass windows and the glowing wooden interior of this architectural masterpiece make this unique venue a perfect backdrop for your wedding photography.
Look through our wedding information pack (includes floor plans) for further information (pdf, 4 mb). Check reception catering options from our preferred caterers, Ruth Pretty Catering, Sarah Searancke Catering or Nosh (pdfs, 3mb).
Impress your guests with this stunning venue to host modern elegance in a traditional setting.
Personalise your own religious or secular wedding for either an intimate ceremony or a larger-size guest list. Let us also accommodate your reception by creating a unique and ambient dining experience, hosting up to 100 people for a seated dinner.
Hiring Old St Paul's for your Wedding Ceremony
Venue hire includes:
- The hire of Old St Paul’s and grounds for 1.5 hours
- The services of our Wedding Co-ordinator, who will work with you to ensure your ceremony at Old St Paul’s will be unforgettable
- Professionally arranged seasonal flowers
- A choice of pew decorations
- The services of our Director of Music, David Trott, who will help you choose from traditional or non traditional pieces played on the organ or grand piano. Special requests can be accommodated! A facility to play music from almost any electronic device is also available
- A wedding rehearsal with your celebrant/minister, your wedding party and our Wedding Co-ordinator to ensure your special day will be relaxed and stress free.
Price: NZD 1,150 incl GST (1 June - 31 August) & NZD 1,350 incl GST (1 September - 31 May).
Why not book an additional hour and have drinks and nibbles straight after your ceremony? Or cut your cake in the church and hold some of your wedding speeches?
Price: NZD 250.00 incl GST, or NZD 350 if hosting drinks and canapes after the service.
To make your ceremony even more special we offer you:
A Candle Ceremony symbolises the pledge of unity between the bride and groom and the merging of two families. Our beautiful personalised candles are a set of three and bear the names of the bride and groom, the wedding date, a picture of Old St Paul’s and a verse. Special requests are possible.
Price: NZD 98.00 incl. GST.
For almost 150 years, the Old St Paul’s Bellringer Guild have rung to signal the arrival of the bride to the church and as the couple leaves the church to signal their new life together. The bells add a wonderful touch to your wedding.
Price: NZD 250.00 incl. GST.
Hiring Old St Paul's for your Wedding Reception
Venue hire includes:
- Access to Old St Paul's from 12 noon - 12am (pack out completed/lock up at 1am)
- Spinning and removing pews to prepare the venue for seated dinner/buffet and the ceremony
- Use of grand piano
- AV technology including sound system and microphones (additional charges apply)
- Old St Paul's staff for entire event
- Ceremony set up and arrangements as above.
Price: from NZD 3,200 incl GST. Please check the pricing guide within our wedding information pack (pdf, 1mb) for details, and the catering information from our preferred caterers, Ruth Pretty Catering, Sarah Searancke Catering (pdf, 2mb) or Nosh (pdf, 3mb).
Please contact our Wedding Co-ordinator to discuss your requirements, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (04) 473 6722.
There are wedding dates sooner than you may think.
Ask us when
Use these forms to confirm your requirements for your special day.
Booking Old St Paul's (Word, 275 kb) - to confirm your wedding date and time, and other general requirements (excludes reception reservations)
Special (traditional) Requirements (Word, 810 kb) - to confirm optional requirements such as the bellringers and personalised candles.
Wedding information (pdf, 4mb)
There are dates available over 2016-2017! Check availability with our Wedding Coordinator.