Statements of General Policy
To provide leadership and direction in key areas of work, HNZPT has produced statements of general policy for five key activities, as required by section 17 of the Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga Act 2014.
These statements of general policy cover
- the management and use of historic places owned, controlled or vested in HNZPT
- the administration of the archaeological provisions
- the statutory role of advocacy
- the administration of the New Zealand Heritage List/Rārangi Kōrero, and
- the administration of the National Historic Landmarks List/Ngā Manawhenua o Aotearoa me ōna Kōrero Tūturu.
Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga is required to consult on these policies. The five draft general statements of policy were notified on 3 February 2015 and public submissions closed on 17 April 2015. Heritage New Zealand considered the submissions received, and has prepared a summary of submissions for each of the general statements of policy which summarises the submissions, and provides a response to suggestions by submitters. You can read the summaries alongside each of the policies below.