Heritage New Zealand magazine
Heritage New Zealand is a full colour award-winning magazine published quarterly by Heritage New Zealand. Recognised as New Zealand’s leading heritage journal, the magazine features a wide range of interesting articles on the preservation and conservation of historic buildings and sites, as well as the people who work with them.
In this issue: Autumn 2018
Here's an overview of what's in the current issue ...
- A green man - Aaron Bertelsen goes from Muriwai Beach to a property dating back to the Middle Ages.
- The modern state - A Petone home built as part of a social housing scheme is fit for 21st-century family living.
- If walls could talk - New research tools lead to fascinating journeys of discovery for homeowners.
- Coming to rest - Ngāti Toa rangatira Te Rangihiroa helped shape the course of history on Kāpiti Island.
- A Kiwi icon - The unique Kiwi character of 1920s Whare Tane shines through.
- On the edge - A Hawke's Bay collaboration is helping a community turn the tide of coastal archaeological loss.
- Exploring the List - Allen Hall still crackles with student energy; Te Aroha Domain and its health resort past.
- Journeys into the past - The renowned TranzAlpine, and determined foodies ensuring preservation of New Orleans' distinctive food heritage.
- Books, letters and other regular columns.
An annual subscription to Heritage New Zealand is a great way to guarantee your own personal copy each quarter, and you save 12% off the normal retail price. It also makes a great gift for someone else. The magazine subscription price includes postage to a New Zealand address. There is a postal charge for magazines being mailed to addresses outside New Zealand. International deliveries are airmailed for timely delivery.
A subscription to the magazine is included with full membership, but you may take out a subscription to the magazine only. It also makes a wonderful gift for a friend or family member.
- $35.00 for one year [4 issues] posted to an address in New Zealand
- $70.00 for two years [8 issues] posted to an address in New Zealand
- $65.00 for one year [4 issues] posted to an overseas address.
Fees are valid at 1 September 2008.
You can subscribe today using our secure online payment facility using a credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express). Use this same facility if you'd like to renew a subscription or make a gift to someone else - tick the relevant box at the top of the form.
Please contact us on 0800 802 010 (New Zealand only) or (04) 472 4341 if you prefer to carry out your transaction by post, fax or telephone.
Print and post
Use one of these writeable pdfs to take out a subscription if you'd rather not pay online, or you'd like to pay by cheque.
First time subscriber
Renew a magazine subscription
Gift a magazine subscription to someone else
Renew a gift subscription.
There is a subscription card included in every issue of the magazine too. Post the form (remember to include your remittance) to:
Heritage New Zealand
PO Box 2629
Fax: +64 4 499 0669
Telephone Membership Services, on +64 4 472 4341 or freephone 0800 802 010 to join or renew your membership or magazine subscription using a credit card.
Missing a copy?
The current issue and back issues over the past year are available for purchase through our Online Shop - for $9.95 each, plus postage. If you're missing older issues and would like to replace them, please get in touch with our National Office on (04) 472 4341 or email@example.com to check on availability. We can supply most issues, for $9.95 each plus post and packing charges.
Reach a cultured, intelligent, educated audience for less than you might think by advertising in our award-winning magazine. You advertisement can be hyperlinked to your website or email via the digital edition of Heritage New Zealand published on the Zinio platform. Download a copy of our rates card (pdf)
To advertise in Heritage New Zealand, contact the Advertising Coordinator on 04 494 8034 (DDI) or email for more information.
Articles and letters
The editorial team welcomes ideas for stories. Feature articles are usually commissioned using experienced magazine writers who are briefed thoroughly into a story first, so please contact the Editor for guidance regarding a story proposal before proceeding on firstname.lastname@example.org.
All manuscripts accepted for publication in Heritage New Zealand magazine are subject to editing at the discretion of the Editor and Heritage New Zealand.
At Heritage New Zealand magazine, we enjoy feedback about any of the articles in an issue, or heritage-related matters. Send your letters to the Editor by email to email@example.com or by post c/- Heritage New Zealand National Office, PO Box 2629, Wellington 6140.