Cadman Parking Station (Former)

596 Victoria Street, Hamilton

  • Cadman Parking Building (Former), Hamilton. Image courtesy of www.flickr.com.
    Copyright: Steve Parker . Taken By: Steve Parker – Spark-Photo. Date: 27/01/2015.

List Entry Information

List Entry Status Listed List Entry Type Historic Place Category 2 Public Access Able to Visit
List Number 5302 Date Entered 13th December 1990

Locationopen/close

City/District Council

Hamilton City

Region

Waikato Region

Legal description

Lots 4 & 5 DP 11019

Linksopen/close

Construction Professionalsopen/close

Macdonald, Archibald

Archibald MacDonald resided in Westport between c.1938 and 1943 during which time he designed both the Municipal Chambers and the Buller County Chambers (c.1940). Further information about his training, personal life and professional achievements has yet to come to light. It seems likely, however, that MacDonald was in Westport solely on account of his work for the borough and county councils, and that after the completion of their new premises he left the town to work elsewhere, either in New Zealand or overseas.

Additional informationopen/close

Construction Dates

Original Construction
1929 -

Other Information

Please note that entry on the New Zealand Heritage List/Rarangi Korero identifies only the heritage values of the property concerned, and should not be construed as advice on the state of the property, or as a comment of its soundness or safety, including in regard to earthquake risk, safety in the event of fire, or insanitary conditions.