Tikorangi Dairy Factory
Inland North Rd, Tikorangi, Waitara
List Entry Information
List Entry Status
List Entry Type
Historic Place Category 2
Private/No Public Access
17th December 1993
New Plymouth District
Lot 1 DP 5144 Pt sec 10 Block V Waitara SD
This historic place was registered under the Historic Places Act 1980. This report includes the text from the original Proposal for Classification report considered by the NZHPT Board at the time of registration.
The Tikorangi Dairy Factory is a gabled industrial building comprising a series of additions, it was rebuilt in 1897 with additions in the 1930s and 1950s. These additions were carried out during the factory's working life to accommodate new plant. This dairy factory is large by Taranaki standards and has not had major modifications since ceasing operation as a dairy factory in 1963.
1930s addition to accommodate new plant
1950s addition to accommodate new plant
A copy of the original report is available from the NZHPT Central region office
Please note that entry on the New Zealand Heritage List/Rarangi Korero identifies only the heritage values of the property concerned, and should not be construed as advice on the state of the property, or as a comment of its soundness or safety, including in regard to earthquake risk, safety in the event of fire, or insanitary conditions.