Heritage New Zealand magazine
Heritage New Zealand is an award-winning magazine published quarterly by Heritage New Zealand. Recognised as New Zealand’s leading heritage magazine, it features a wide range of interesting articles on the preservation and conservation of historic buildings and sites, as well as the people who work with them.
In this issue: Kōanga Spring 2021
Here's an overview of what's in the current issue ... now with added-value rich content - video!
- Lessons learned - Dr Dmytro Dizhur studies how best to strengthen heritage builings.
- No regrets - Breathing new life into an Oamaru icon (contains rich content).
- Window to the past - A decade later, an astounding archaeological find is revealed to Dunedin.
- Hall in together - A stunning make-over of an inner-Auckland heritage hall.
- All aboard - A community group's award-winning restoration of a Whāngarei railway station (contains rich content).
- Behind bars - Gripping stories of former Napier Prison continue (contains rich content).
- Explore the List - McLean's Mansion, Christchurch; St John's Home, Auckland.
- Journeys into the past - Tauranga's new ways of sharing its heritage; heritage housekeeping.
- Our heritage, my vision - Johnson McKay values who and where.
- Books, letters and other regular columns.
Read this edition on Issuu: https://issuu.com/heritagenz/docs/heritagenz_162. It's a free trial for now!
Heritage New Zealand magazine is published specifically for our members as one of their key benefits. The magazine is included with full membership. To sign up as a member with all its benefits and privileges, please use this online application form.
Under some circumstances, we can accommodate an annual subscription to Heritage New Zealand. The magazine subscription price includes postage to a New Zealand address. There is a postal charge for magazines being mailed to addresses outside New Zealand. International deliveries are airmailed for timely delivery.
Magazine subscription fees
- $35.00 for one year [4 issues] posted to an address in New Zealand
- $70.00 for two years [8 issues] posted to an address in New Zealand
- $135.00 for one year [4 issues] posted to an overseas address.
Fees are valid at 20 May 2019.
How to subscribe to the magazine
To find out more or subscribe please contact us on 0800 802 010 (New Zealand only) or (04) 472 4341 during office hours.
Telephone Membership Services, on +64 4 472 4341 or freephone 0800 802 010 to join or renew your membership or magazine subscription using a credit card.
Missing a copy?
The current issue and back issues over the past year are available for purchase through our Online Shop - for $9.95 each, plus postage. If you're missing older issues and would like to replace them, please get in touch with our store staff on (09) 407 9236 or firstname.lastname@example.org to check on availability. We can supply most issues, for $9.95 each plus post and packing charges.
Reach a cultured, intelligent, educated audience for less than you might think by advertising in our award-winning magazine. You advertisement can be hyperlinked to your website or email via the digital edition of Heritage New Zealand published on the Zinio platform. Download a copy of our rates card (pdf)
To advertise in Heritage New Zealand, contact the Advertising Coordinator on 04 494 8034 (DDI) or email for more information.
Articles and letters
The editorial team welcomes ideas for stories. Feature articles are usually commissioned using experienced magazine writers who are briefed thoroughly into a story first, so please contact the Editor for guidance regarding a story proposal before proceeding by email: email@example.com.
All manuscripts accepted for publication in Heritage New Zealand magazine are subject to editing at the discretion of the Editor and Heritage New Zealand.
At Heritage New Zealand magazine, we enjoy feedback about any of the articles in an issue, or heritage-related matters. Send your letters to the Editor by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post c/- Heritage New Zealand National Office, PO Box 2629, Wellington 6140.