Many of the heritage places we care for will be open to the public free of charge on Waitangi Day.
We invite all to experience this nation’s history and our journey to the present day at these significant places, which all contribute to the story of early Māori and Pākehā society and interactions.
The open day celebrates the core principles at the heart of Te Tiriti: partnership, protection and participation.
Tuesday 6 February | Nationwide | Free
Te Tai Tokerau | Northland
- Kerikeri Mission Station | 10am-5pm
- Pompallier Mission and Printery | 10am-5pm
- Te Waimate Mission | 10am-5pm
- Clendon House | 10am-4pm
- Māngungu Mission | 10am-4pm
Tāmaki Makaurau | Auckland
Te puku o te ika a Māui | Central North Island
Te Whanganui-a-Tara | Wellington
- Fyffe House | 10am-4pm
Ōtautahi | Christchurch
- Te Whare Waiutuutu Kate Sheppard House | 10am-4pm (bookings required)
Ōtākou | Otago