Old St Paul’s provides the peace, serenity and dignity that is important as you honour and celebrate the life of your loved one.
Closed for seismic strengthening
Old St Paul's is closed to the public for seismic strengthening work from Saturday 4 May until mid- 2020.
We understand this is a difficult time and just how important it is to ensure their funeral ceremony is a fitting tribute.
Old St Paul’s offers you a magnificent and appropriate non-denominational venue where you can arrange to bring your religious minister, celebrant or officiant and Funeral Director.
Hiring Old St Paul’s for a funeral
- Professionally arranged seasonal flowers at the chancel steps
- A sound system for your choice of CD or ipod
- A microphone system ensures excellent audio quality throughout the church. A hearing loop is available.
- AV technology available on site if required - additional charges apply
- Audio and video recordings can be arranged. Your funeral director will be able to help with the choice of videographer
- Parking in the grounds of Old St Paul’s is available for family members and/or disabled persons
- Easy access from the central city by taxi, or a short journey from the train station
- Old St Paul’s is available for refreshments after the service/ceremony (catering only). Please talk to us or your funeral director about your requirements.
The services of our Director of Music (organ or grand piano) are available on request - fees apply.
Old St Paul’s enjoys the trust and confidence of funeral directors in the Wellington area. Please talk to them about funeral arrangements at Old St Paul’s.