Heritage New Zealand magazine
Heritage New Zealand is an award-winning magazine published quarterly by Heritage New Zealand. Recognised as New Zealand’s leading heritage magazine, it features a wide range of interesting articles on the preservation and conservation of historic buildings and sites, as well as the people who work with them.
In this issue: Summer 2020
Here's an overview of what's in the current issue ... now with added-value rich content - video!
- Into the light - Protecting Māori rock art.
- No blank slate - Retained and reclaimed heritage in post-quake Christchurch (contains rich content).
- The fire inside - The restored bakehouse at Millers Flat (contains rich content).
- Hitting the sweet spot - New life for heritage treasures at the Basin Reserve (contains rich content).
- Diving deep - Divers 'adopt a wreck' to help monitor our maritime heritage.
- A traditionalist and an innovator - The mahi of a renowned tohunga whakairo has drawn people together.
- Explore the List - Massey University's Colombo Hall; Truby King Railway Bridge.
- Journeys into the past - Riding the Twin Coast Cycle Tail; Implications of the pandemic for global heritage retention.
- Our heritage, my vision - Richard Leung brings Chinese New Zealand stories to light.
- Books, letters and other regular columns.
Read this edition on Issuu: https://issuu.com/heritagenz/docs/heritagenz_159. It's a free trial for now!
An annual subscription to Heritage New Zealand is a great way to guarantee your own personal copy each quarter, and you save 12% off the normal retail price. It also makes a great gift for someone else. The magazine subscription price includes postage to a New Zealand address. There is a postal charge for magazines being mailed to addresses outside New Zealand. International deliveries are airmailed for timely delivery.
The magazine is included with full membership, but you may take out a subscription to the magazine only. If you prefer a full membership with all its benefits and privileges, please use this online application form instead
Magazine subscription fees
- $35.00 for one year [4 issues] posted to an address in New Zealand
- $70.00 for two years [8 issues] posted to an address in New Zealand
- $135.00 for one year [4 issues] posted to an overseas address.
Fees are valid at 20 May 2019.
You can subscribe to the magazine itself today using our secure online payment facility using a credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express). Use this same facility if you'd like to renew a subscription or make a gift to someone else - tick the relevant box at the top of the form.
Please contact us on 0800 802 010 (New Zealand only) or (04) 472 4341 if you prefer to carry out your transaction by post, fax or telephone.
If you prefer a full membership with all its benefits and privileges, please use this online application form instead
Telephone Membership Services, on +64 4 472 4341 or freephone 0800 802 010 to join or renew your membership or magazine subscription using a credit card.
Missing a copy?
The current issue and back issues over the past year are available for purchase through our Online Shop - for $9.95 each, plus postage. If you're missing older issues and would like to replace them, please get in touch with our National Office on (04) 472 4341 or email@example.com to check on availability. We can supply most issues, for $9.95 each plus post and packing charges.
Reach a cultured, intelligent, educated audience for less than you might think by advertising in our award-winning magazine. You advertisement can be hyperlinked to your website or email via the digital edition of Heritage New Zealand published on the Zinio platform. Download a copy of our rates card (pdf)
To advertise in Heritage New Zealand, contact the Advertising Coordinator on 04 494 8034 (DDI) or email for more information.
Articles and letters
The editorial team welcomes ideas for stories. Feature articles are usually commissioned using experienced magazine writers who are briefed thoroughly into a story first, so please contact the Editor for guidance regarding a story proposal before proceeding on firstname.lastname@example.org.
All manuscripts accepted for publication in Heritage New Zealand magazine are subject to editing at the discretion of the Editor and Heritage New Zealand.
At Heritage New Zealand magazine, we enjoy feedback about any of the articles in an issue, or heritage-related matters. Send your letters to the Editor by email to email@example.com or by post c/- Heritage New Zealand National Office, PO Box 2629, Wellington 6140.