Heritage New Zealand magazine
Heritage New Zealand is an award-winning magazine published quarterly by Heritage New Zealand. Recognised as New Zealand’s leading heritage magazine, it features a wide range of interesting articles on the preservation and conservation of historic buildings and sites, as well as the people who work with them.
In this issue: Autumn 2020
Here's an overview of what's in the current issue ...
- Way of Life - For Chair, Marian Hobbs, heritage is about knowing yourself and your place in the world.
- Beauty spot - Conserving a remote Central Otago goldmining cottage.
- Standing strong - History of one of Northland's most significant battle sites is kept alive 175 years on.
- Written in stone - helping retrieve lost lime and stone construction techniques.
- Thursdays at the Mill - Enthusiastic and talented Clarks Mill volunteers have created payback for visitors.
- Preserved in amber - Heritage plays a part in an old industry - beer brewing.
- Exploring the List - Pakipaki connections to Suzanne Aubert; immigrant barracks in Caversham.
- Journeys into the past - Taranaki Wars driving tour app; determined Buenos Aires citizens take action to save a stunning architectural legacy.
- Heritage for kids.
- Books, letters and other regular columns.
The COVID-19 pandemic is severely impacting our operations (read more information here), and this includes our ability to process magazine subscriptions and provide supporter services. Long term office closures are affecting our administration, so we regret to advise that we cannot currently process subscriptions. We will do all we can to bring this service back to you as soon as possible, please bear with us as we adapt to this changeable and unpredictable situation. We continue to follow government advice as it is received.
Missing a copy?
The current issue and back issues over the past year are available for purchase through our Online Shop - for $9.95 each, plus postage. If you're missing older issues and would like to replace them, please get in touch with our National Office on (04) 472 4341 or email@example.com to check on availability. We can supply most issues, for $9.95 each plus post and packing charges.
Reach a cultured, intelligent, educated audience for less than you might think by advertising in our award-winning magazine. You advertisement can be hyperlinked to your website or email via the digital edition of Heritage New Zealand published on the Zinio platform. Download a copy of our rates card (pdf)
To advertise in Heritage New Zealand, contact the Advertising Coordinator on 04 494 8034 (DDI) or email for more information.
Articles and letters
The editorial team welcomes ideas for stories. Feature articles are usually commissioned using experienced magazine writers who are briefed thoroughly into a story first, so please contact the Editor for guidance regarding a story proposal before proceeding on firstname.lastname@example.org.
All manuscripts accepted for publication in Heritage New Zealand magazine are subject to editing at the discretion of the Editor and Heritage New Zealand.
At Heritage New Zealand magazine, we enjoy feedback about any of the articles in an issue, or heritage-related matters. Send your letters to the Editor by email to email@example.com or by post c/- Heritage New Zealand National Office, PO Box 2629, Wellington 6140.