Te Poari o Te Pouhere Taonga
Heritage New Zealand is governed by an eight-member Board appointed by the Minister for Arts, Culture and Heritage.
The Board establishes the organisation's vision and sets strategies for promoting the identification, protection and preservation of New Zealand's historical and cultural heritage. It approves the allocation of resources in accordance with agreed strategic priorities and carries out duties which, under the Heritage New Zealand Pouhere Taonga Act 2014, it cannot delegate to management.
The members of the Board are:
- Hon. Marian Hobbs - Chair
- Sir John Clarke KNZM CNZM (Ngāpuhi, Ngāti Porou) - Deputy Chair
- James Blackburne
- Puawai Cairns (Ngāti Ranginui, Ngāti Pukenga and Ngāi Te Rangi)
- Chris Cochran MNZM
- Materoa Dodd (Ngāi Te Rangi, Ngāti Awa)
- Keita Kohere (Ngāi Tahu, Ngāti Porou, Rongowhakaata)
- Katharine Watson.